Saturday, June 4, 2011

Lots of Progress

Thursday June 2nd

My friend George and I were working on the boat all day, and got quite a lot of progress done again. George and I will be off to work on it again tomorrow! Let me know if you want to come out and lend some time!



A note on the paint that you see. The original colour is the bright blue, which has years of paint on it. Under that is a lighter blue that it must have been painted several years ago. Under all of that there is a dark purple (I am assume some sort of sealant) and a pink (a sealant too I assume).

The process of stripping is quite long, it takes about 3-4 coats of stripper to get down to the pink; between each coat we have to scrape a little paint away. The pink doesn't interact with the stripper, so once we get down to that level, then we slowly sand through that.

o

No comments:

Post a Comment