Sunday, June 24, 2012

There's a hole in my boat, dear liza....

No Liza Minnelli wasn't at the boat...yet.

Uncle Bill Weaver introduced Evan and I to a great carpenter named Jake (who lives next door). A soft spoken man, but seems to really know what he is doing.

When Jake got to the boat we chatted about what I wanted done to the areas of rot and he wanted to see how the boards came off... Long story short I watched (and sh*t a brick) as Jake & Bill took hammers & crowbars to the side of the boat. However, at the end of the morning Jake had made a perfectly straight line and all the wood cleared out and ready for the new cedar.

Note: The back inside is not rot, it is oil from the engine & oiling the boat each year. The timber (mostly Oak) is all very solid, which makes me a happy sailor.

 After the crowbars....

 Jake with a skill saw... didn't even knick the inner structure... I was very impressed. 

Final Product- Read to be re-boared. 



No comments:

Post a Comment